Letter from the Presidents...
Hello Supplier Network Members,
As we pass the midway point of February there is much to report on regarding Supplier Network Happenings – both past and future. Our goal in 2018 was to Cultivate Connections
and we are happy to report that we were able to do just that.
So what’s in it for me in 2019?
- We hosted two powerful Executive Meet and Greets beginning with Tim Andersen in June followed up by an informative Q & A with Francesca DeBiase in September. In each case, Tim and Francesca were able to share their thoughts and ideas about the state of the business and provide more detailed information in response to the audience questions that were asked. As in the past, attendees then also had a chance to individually interact and converse with our guests at the Power Hours that followed. Survey results after each of the Meet & Greets indicated that our membership found great value in both the format and access to information that these events provided.
- Speaking of Power Hours, the mid-year move of McDonald’s to their MHQ downtown location enabled us to branch out and host a few of these at some new venues – specifically the ninth floor lounge at MHQ, Tyson’s Chicago location and Jefferson Tap. And the casual atmosphere at Devon in Oak Brook provided the perfect location for some of our suburban Power Hours. In addition to Francesca and Tim, we were again fortunate to be joined by so many of our invited McDonald’s guests throughout the year including Bob Beaumont, Jeanine Calabrese, Brian Diener, Ron Dorsten, Diana Dram, Pam Edwards, Sue Fangmann, Darcy Gilbert, Karen Gonzalez, Marion Gross, Barb Ingold, Pam Mancillas, Botio Marinov, Ernie Meier, Dan Petro, Bob Stewart, Amy Wilcox and Mike Zagorski. And many of the McClement Management Team members stopped by at our Power Hour in October. These networking events continue to be the easiest way for you to Cultivate the Connections that you are looking to make with both McDonald’s Stakeholders and your fellow Suppliers. And with a registered membership of 117 companies and 396 individuals, the opportunities to do so are endless.
- Our Events webinars in 2018 covered topics such as Cost Savings, APPetite for Digital, NABIT, Fresh Beef and an introduction of the McClement Management Team, to name a few. And our MHQ Building Tour and Tour of the West Loop were both well attended as Suppliers looked to familiarize themselves with McDonald’s new headquarters and neighborhood.
- Looking forward we will be focusing on how the Supplier Network can Enrich Engagement for our membership. As Supplier Segmentation dictates new levels of connection, it is more important than ever to stay engaged with your fellow Suppliers and to have immediate access to McDonald’s information and programs that will keep you in the know.
- We have the ability to release McDonald’s information and happenings via our website. Learn about McDonald’s Stakeholders via the Spotlight Interviews and check out all of the useful tabs under Member Resources to learn about all of the benefits of membership that are at your fingertips. And plan to attend the Executive Meet & Greets that are scheduled for this year.
- We have a pipeline of terrific events taking place throughout the year. On February 26th we kick off with the Innovation Summit being hosted by Part’s Town and featuring Jeff Cook, McDonald’s Senior Director of Equipment Engineering and John Sulit, McDonald’s Director of Global Strategic Sourcing Services. And On March 5th our Executive Meet & Greet will feature Marion Gross and the Supplier Advisory Council. Both events will immediately be followed by Power Hours so plan accordingly. Stay tuned via the Wednesday Weekly Updates and make it a point to visit the Supplier Network Website for descriptions and dates for future events and informative webinars.
As you can see, we have an exciting year ahead. Take advantage of the many opportunities to get involved. You’ll be glad you did.
Jan Perrino and Jeanne Gannon
Supplier Network Co-Presidents
All members must be current suppliers to the McDonald’s system in the U.S. A “supplier” is defined as those suppliers who have a signed Business Relationship Agreement with McDonald’s, and who have been approved by McDonald's to offer products and/or services to the McDonald’s system or whose pricing is nationally managed by McDonald’s US Supply Chain. Other suppliers or service providers who don’t meet the above definition but would like to participate in the SN may be granted membership at the discretion of the SN’s Board of Directors and with McDonald’s approval.